Saturday, June 9, 2012

Curried Shrimp

In the spirit of finals week, I'm going to give you a little test. If you've noticed, I haven't posted much over the last few months. It just felt like too much work to transfer my photos to the computer, upload them to the blog and then write something. But here's your test: the reason I am posting so many recipes over the last few days is because...


A) I know you're just sitting by your computer waiting...WAITING...for me to post new recipes
B) I have absolutely nothing else to do
C) I have two final papers, three article summaries, six treatment summaries and a presentation synopsis due next week and I am finding other ways to be productive with my time


If you guessed C...you're correct. I find that I'm most motivated to add new recipes when I could should be working in finals!


This is a ridiculously easy recipe that I have grown to love. And just a few ingredients. I'm loving curry these days.


Ingredients
Raw shrimp (deveined, shells removed)
1 garlic clove, smashed
Curry powder
Salt and pepper
Olive Oil


Directions
1. Place olive oil and smashed garlic clove in a large saute pan.
2. Turn up the heat to medium-low and let the garlic clove perfume the olive oil.
*Note: make sure you do this slowly so the garlic doesn't burn and it has a chance to really infuse the oil.
3. When the garlic clove is browned, remove and throw away.
4. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and curry powder.
5. When the oil is ready, place the shrimp in the pan and saute on the first side for a few minutes.
6. Flip these little shrimpies over and cook for another few minutes. You'll know they're done when they've curled in on themselves a little and are no longer translucent in the middle. They're ready to eat when they've just turned white.



*Brown rice is optional if you want to serve the shrimp over a bed of grain. I like to eat them with some cucumbers that I've pickled for little awhile in salt and vinegar. This adds a clean, crisp side to the hot, intensely flavored shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment