Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Rice


I'm about to reveal something, so don't be shocked. I love Mexican, but wait...wait...that's not the shocking part. Here it comes: of all the great Mexican food I've tried, Chipotle is still my favorite place to get a burrito.


Okay, now that that's off my chest...don't get me wrong, I appreciate an authentic taco in a homemade tortilla with carnitas and salsa verde. And I've had some goooood Mexican. But there's something about Chipotle that I just really like. I think it's the rice.


So when I came across this recipe claiming to be a copycat of Chipotle's cilantro-lime rice, I knew I'd be trying it right away. And it was good.


Ingredients
1 cup long grain rice
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp. vegetable oil


Directions
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, water, 1 tsp. oil and salt.
2. Bring to a boil and continue to boil on high, uncovered, until most of the water has evaporated.
3. When the water is just covering the surface of the rice, reduce the heat to low.
4. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and keep the pot covered for another five minutes.
6. When the rice is ready, pour it into a medium mixing bowl.
7. Add the cilantro, lime juice and remaining oil, and toss until well-combined.


Enjoy! I served it with the balsamic glazed pork loin and a vinegar cucumber salad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment