Sunday, May 1, 2011

Caprese Salad

My sister's beau Erik bought me some precious balsamic vinegar a couple months back after we sampled it at Coco Pazzo. He searched around on-line and ordered me a bottle, so I had to use it pronto! It's so tasty that I didn't want to dampen the flavor by mixing it with anything, so I just drizzled it on top of some of my other favorite flavors. It looked so pretty I had to put it up here.


Ingredients
Vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Basil leaves, thinly sliced (I guess you'd call it "chiffonade")
Tasty balsamic vinegar


Directions
1. Wash the tomatoes and thinly slice them. Arrange them on a serving dish.
2. Slice the mozzarella to similar thin-ness as the tomatoes and arrange one slice on top of each tomato slice.
3. Chiffonade the basil leaves by stacking them and tightly rolling them into a log. Slice on the diagonal, and you'll have beautiful strips of the herb.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment