Monday, October 11, 2010

Hi there!

Hi...and welcome to my first blog! After a lot of thought, I am finally making my first attempt at this blogging thing. There isn't much going on in my life that would make my blog as interesting as some of my friends', but I do love to cook (and bake) and I often get requests from friends and family for recipes that I have found or created and then served to them. So, this is my way of sharing those recipes in a fun and easy way.

Some of my best childhood memories are in the kitchen. Whether it was Dad in the backyard grilling some steaks and ribs or Mom at the counter making dinner or baking a cake, food has always played a big role in our lives. I have spent countless hours watching my mom cook, talking to my dad about healthy recipes and taking notes from aunts, uncles and friends kind enough to share their recipes. In college, I finally started to try things on my own (to escape those dorm food and first-apartment-microwavable-dinner trends). Some recipes have turned out to be a big hit, others could have been done without, but trial-and-error, repetition and a lot of Food Network-watching have advanced my skills in the kitchen.

So here's to my first blog, my parents as inspirations (the name of this blog is stolen from the name of my mom's catering business she had while I was growing up) and you...the reader...who will hopefully find the recipes exciting, easy to replicate and simply delicious. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment