Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pasta with Roquefort Sauce

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one annoyed with recipes that call for an expensive ingredient that leave you with a bunch of it leftover...and no idea how to use the rest of it! This happened to me when I made the Roquefort cheese sauce for my rendition of Ina's filet mignon recipe. I was left with a bunch of leftover sauce...and who wants to waste some good Roquefort? Not this cheese lover...


So I adapted a recipe from Saveur for a Roquefort pasta. Oh my heaven, was it good!


Ingredients
1 cup Roquefort sauce (which you can make by following these instructions)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp. butter
3/4 lb. pasta (anything that holds sauce well, like ziti, shells, gemelli...)
2 tbsp. fresh parsley


Directions
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce the heat, add a generous amount of salt and cook the pasta until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken broth and wine to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (should take about 5 minutes).
4. Add the Roquefort sauce and whisk until thickened, about 3 more minutes.
5. Drain pasta and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and stir, cooking for another minute so the sauce and pasta can cook together.
6. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
*Note: I like to add some protein, so I served it with some chicken breast (seasoned with salt, pepper and onion powder) that I sauteed in a small saucepan until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment