Friday, April 1, 2011

Italian Wedding Soup


Wow, has it been a long while since a blog post! Please don't infer my absence to be laziness...the past month has been completely jam-packed! I traveled four weekends in a row, interviewed for doctorate programs in two different cities, tried to keep up on homework and my internship, and then dealt with being sick for the last week. Oy!  


My roommate has totally stepped up to the plate and done a lot of the cooking around here in the midst of my crazy schedule, but I'll be posting recipes for the few things I did make. Here's another goodie from the Barefoot Contessa.


Ingredients
1 onion, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
4 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 lb. pasta (any of the small varieties...I used elbows for this one)
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
6 oz. baby spinach leaves
Meatball Recipe


Directions
1. Make the meatballs and set aside.
2. Dice the onion, carrots and celery. Mince the garlic.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven.
4. Add the onion, carrots and celery and saute until soft. Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
5. Add the chicken stock and wine. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer and add the pasta. Cook for 8 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
7. Mince the dill, and add it to the pot. Then add the meatballs and simmer for another minute.
8. Stir in the spinach and cook for one minute until the spinach wilts.
9. Serve and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Erik would die to try this. I have a request...for you to make this again for him at somepoint!

    ReplyDelete